Regulations & rules
- For booking and participation in events and activities organized by Beyond Limits AS.
- For booking of multiple contenders: It is mandatory that each participant read and understands all information regarding both personal- and company responsibility.
- For activities outside Norway, separate Terms and Conditions will be provided.
Accidents and injuries may occur during all mountain activities. Beyond Limits has high focus on minimizing the risk of accidents and injuries by using guides with the highest possible relevant qualifications. All guides commit at all time to honor the company safety instructions.
The overall responsibility for the safety of the group belongs to the guide(s). The guide will have high competence with respect to safety in the mountains and on water, identification of potential hazards, and general safety when traveling in a group. The activity will be optimized according to the specific group (physical shape, personal skills, experience etc.). Hence, it is important to take these factors into account when choosing from the different products that Beyond Limits offer. For the guide to take responsibility for the entire group, each participant must:
- At all times comply with the instructions given by the guide
- Always stay behind the guide unless other arrangements have been made
- Stop / wait at predefined locations
Other important safety aspects are:
- Each participant must inform the guide of medical conditions, illnesses or disorders that may be relevant for safety reasons or aggravated during the event/activity. Please consider the suitability of such an event/activity before booking
- Each participant must replace self-inflicted damage or loss of equipment that belongs to Beyond Limits
Booking procedures and terms
For all activities/events with price lower than NOK 7.500,-:
The contract is regarded as non-binding prior to this payment. The entire cost of the event/activity must be paid during booking if the price is lower than 7.500 NOK for the event/activity.
For all activities/events with price higher than NOK 7.500,-:
For activities that do not include food, lodging or transport: A binding contract is in force from receipt of a confirmed payment of a deposit of NOK 2.000,- pr participant, or the full cost of the booked activity.
For all multi-day activities/events with price higher than NOK 7.500,-:
For multi-day activities and activities which include lodging, food and/or transport 50% of the fee must be paid within 10 days after booking. The customer will receive an invoice for advance payment after submitting a booking form or making a reservation through phone or email.
2. What is Included in the price
Each event/activity with Beyond Limits includes the following:
- Qualified guide / instructor / supervisor
- All expenses for the guide which may not be specified in the information for the event / activity
- All personal safety equipment (unless other information has been provided) during the event / activity. This may be:
- Avalanche safety equipment (beacon, avalanche pole, shovel)
- Climbing equipment (harness with accessories, helmet, crampons, ice axe, ropes)
- Personal equipment for glacier hikes (harness with accessories, helmet, crampons, ice axe, ropes)
- Other potential safety equipment
- Lodging, transport and/or food is included where such services are specified in the product description.
3. TERMS OF PAYMENT
The remaining payment (total fee minus the deposit) must be paid 15 days prior to the event / activity unless other is defined.
For multi-day activities and events that include lodging and / or food and / or transportation: The whole fee must be paid no later than 60 days prior to the event.
4. TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SAFETY
4.1 CANCELLATION AND TRAVEL INSURANCE
Each participant is recommended to take out a personal travel and accident insurance. It is your responsibility to take out adequate personal accident and travel insurance. Beyond Limits do not provide such insurances. For larger events, it is recommended to include risks of cost of cancellation by you in the insurance.
4.2 INFORMATION ABOUT PERSONAL HEALTH
It is mandatory for each participant to inform about their personal health issues since this may affect the general safety for the entire group and personal safety during the activity/trip. It is important that you give us information about ailment and vices that can affect your capability during the activity/trip.
4.3 RISK DURING MOUNTAIN ACTIVITIES
Participation on mountain activities (i. ex. rock climbing and or ”scrambling”, ice climbing, glacier hikes and caving) carry a risk. Each participant must at all times comply with all instructions and directions given by the guide. Beyond Limits will not be financially responsible for harm or injury on people or equipment unless the accident is due to serious negligence by the guide.
4.4 COMPETENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Beyond Limits seeks to minimize all risks related to our activities by using guides with local knowledge of terrain and landscape. The guides must at all time follow the internal safety instructions.
Our customers must at all time seek to minimize all risk to our activities. For our longer multi-day activity, clients must be able to keep up with the group, and able to carry their own backpacks to minimize the risk of an evacuation.
4.5 LOSS OF EQUIPMENT
Participants must replace self-inflicted loss of equipment borrowed or rented from Beyond Limits.
4.6 NEGLECT OF RESPONIBILITY
You have a responsibility to follow the instructions given to you by the expedition leader or guide during the trip.
If you neglect your responsibilities, cause risk, embarrassment or prejudice to the other clients, fellow expedition members or staff, you may not be allowed to participate in, or be barred from the reminder of the tour, and lose any right of refund. If you are barred after the start of the tour you will be responsible for the cost of you return journey. You may become liable to claims for compensation if you willfully or negligently cause the tour operator loss by, for instance, not abiding by the provisions mentioned above.
5. CANCELLATION TERMS
5.1.1 CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS FOR ACTIVITIES IN NORWAY THAT DO NOT INCLUDE FOOD, TRANSPORT AND LODGING
Each participant may cancel the reservation prior to 30 days before the event. A cancellation fee of NOK 2.000,- must be paid by the participant.
If the cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the event, the following rules will apply:
- Cancellation 15-30 days prior to the event: Total cost of the event minus advance payment is charged
- Cancellation 7-14 days prior to the event: 50% of the total cost of the event is charged
- Cancellation less than 7 days prior to the event / failure to show up: Full price for the event is charged
Larger groups may be given a discount according to the amount of contenders. This discount may be withdrawed if members of the group make a cancellation. The respective share of the total price will be refunded to the members who made the cancellation. A re-calculation of the discount according to the reduced size of the group will be performed, and a new price for the remaining participants will be charged.
5.1.2 CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS FOR PACKAGES IN NORWAY
These terms considers multi-day events that includes accommodation / lodging and / or food and / or transport.
- Cancellation >90 days prior to the event: Refund of fee minus deposit.
- Cancellation between 90 and 60 days prior to the event: 50 % of fee minus deposit refunded.
- Cancellation 60 days or less prior to the event / failure to show up: Full price for the event is charged.
5.1.3 CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS FOR ACTIVITIES OUTSIDE NORWAY
Separate terms and conditions will apply.
5.2 CANCELLATION DUE TO SUDDEN ILLNESS OR ACCIDENTS
Same conditions as section 5.1, cancellation and refunds. For larger events, Beyond Limits recommends participants to take out personal insurance that cover the cancellation (normally available through travel insurance).
5.3 CHANGE OF BOOKED ACTIVITY
Participant(s) may change their booked activity by paying an administrative fee of NOK 1.000,- per person per change if Beyond Limits has the opportunity to fulfil the new request from the customer. The change might be regarded as a cancellation if the total cost for Beyond Limits is larger than the administrative fee. In this case, the rules of cancellation will apply (section 5.1).
6. BEYOND LIMITS’ RIGHT TO CHANGE OR CANCEL AN EVENT
6.1 LIMITED ATTENDEES
Beyond Limits has the opportunity to cancel the event if the required minimum attendees are not met. Unless other information has been given, the cancellation must be performed:
- 60 days prior to multi-day activities
- 30 days prior to guided trips
The customers must be notified prior to the 60/30 days defined above. Beyond Limits shall inform and refund the customers as early as possible.
6.2 ADVERSE WEATHER/CONDITIONS
For safety reasons, Beyond Limits may change the event in case of unfavorable weather conditions or matters beyond our control.
The changes shall be optimized in order to make the inconvenience as low as possible for the customers. Beyond Limits will offer the participant(s) an alternative event at the same time as the original. The customers will be charged for the event that is actually performed. In case of substantial changes to the event, the customer is offered a refund of the total price minus the deposit.
6.3 ILLNESS OR INJURY FOR THE GUIDE
Beyond Limits will strive to offer a new guide with similar qualifications in case of illness or injury to the guide. The event might be cancelled if Beyond Limits fails at replacing the guide. In such scenario the total cost will be refunded.
6.4 FORCE MAJEURE
Force Majeure, circumstances beyond the operator´s control. Beyond Limits reserve the right to cancel the activity/trip without liability for compensation if the activity/trip cannot be completed because of circumstances beyond Beyond Limits´control and which cannot be avoided or prevented. In such cases Beyond Limits will refund all payments expect deposit and what is impossible to refund: payments that has already incurred, goods, travel expenses and prepaid logistic.
Also, Beyond Limits will not be liable for any compensation if circumstances which is out of our control affect the quality or duration of the activity/trip.
7 PHOTO, VIDEO AND / OR OTHER MEDIA
Beyond Limits reserves the right to advertise our tours on the Internet and in media. This will often include photographs and videos of participants whose names may be mentioned. Participants that do not wish to have their photo or name used this way must inform about this beforehand.
8 MISS SPELLS
Miss spells might occur in the documentation provided by Beyond Limits.
Beyond Limits reserves the right to inform that miss spells might occur in all provided information e.g. web pages, price lists, e-mails and brochures. Beyond Limits cannot be held responsible for miss spells in the documents or information sent out to clients or participants.